- Sites is similar to "Department" setting that exists within a domain. You can have any number of Sites if enabled, but it can be limited or disabled by domain. Each user in a domain can have a single "site" selected.
- Once enabled you can manage a domain to set a capacity for sites within a domain. Unlimited is the default for existing domains. Disabled will hide sides configurations and filters for that domain.
- Assuming a domain has sites enabled each user will be able to be selected with a site, either at the time of Add (or import) and then also on edit. Like departments, if you want to create a new sites you simply have to type the name you want and if its not already created you will see a "new" label and it will create the site for you when adding or editing the user. Assuming you have created all your sites previously you will be able to select via a autocomplete. if a domain have reached the max sites iy will convert to a drop down removing the ability to create a new site.
- Sites names can include spaces, but no special characters.
- If sites is enabled you will be able to filter from the users page via the search bar where you can also search by extension, name or department. When selected you will be returned a lis of users that are in that site.
- Each user in the domain will be able to view a list of sites and filter by sites if needed in areas of the application like contacts.
- In addition to Users, Call queues can also be associated with a site. This is usefull for management and reporting of call queues and the corresponding stats.