- Make sure you have an external power supply for the phone. If you DO NOT have one, contact your Viirtue rep to order.
FOR POLYCOM TELEPHONES
1. Press the HOME button
2. Scroll and select SETTINGS
3. Scroll and select ADVANCED
4. Enter Password. You will need to open a ticket with support to get the device password.
5. Select ADMINISTRATION SETTINGS
6. Select NETWORK CONFIGURATION
7. Scroll and select ETHERNET MENU
8. Scroll and select VLAN MENU
9. Select VLAN ID
10. If there is a number in this field, Delete it. MAKE A NOTE OF THAT NUMBER. YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND RE-ENTER THAT NUMBER WHEN YOU ARE BACK IN THE OFFICE.
11. Press BACK to the main menu, at this point your phone should reboot.
FOR AASTRA TELEPHONES
1. Press the OPTIONS key
2. Scroll and select the ADMIN MENU
3. Enter Password You will need to open a ticket with support to get the device password.
4. Scroll and select NETWORK SETTINGS
5. Scroll and select ETHERNET + VLAN
6. Scroll and select VLAN SETTINGS
7. Select VLAN
8. Select DISABLE
9. Press DONE until you get back to the main screen
10. Reboot the phone by unplugging the cable
- FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND ENABLE THE VLAN WHEN USING THE PHONE BACK IN THE OFFICE.
REMINDER: IF YOU MOVE THE LOCATION OF WHERE YOU USE YOUR VoIP TELEPHONE, THE 911 DIALING FEATURE WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY AND POTENTIALLY NO EMERGENCY SERVICE WILL BE SENT TO YOUR LOCATION.